EAC and Ogg Vorbis
From Hydrogenaudio Knowledgebase
This page is a compression guide for configuring Oggenc2 encoder with EAC for greater encoding flexibility.
 Important note
This guide is in need of an update, because in EAC 1.0 beta 2, the replacement strings changed. For example:
- "%s" is now "%source%"
- "%d" is now "%dest%"
- "%a" is now "%artist%"
 Software Needed
- Exact Audio Copy
Note: This guide assumes that EAC is has been configured for secure ripping, if not please follow this guide.
- Unzip the chosen Oggenc2.exe build into the same directory that EAC is in.
- Open EAC and insert a CD into the drive.
- Click the EAC menu and select Compression Options.
- Click the External Compression Tab, and put a check box in use external program for compression.
- Change Parameter Passing Scheme to User Defined Encoder.
- Change Use file extension to .ogg.
- Click the Browse button and locate the OGGENC2.EXE that you unzipped earlier.
- Remove the ticks from Use CRC check, Add ID3 tag and check for external programs return code.
- In the Additional command line options box, copy and paste one of the below strings based on the Tag you would prefer.
- No Tags:
-q 6 %s -o %d
Or, since EAC 1.0 beta 2 :
-q 6 %source% -o %dest%
- Vorbis Comment:
-q 6 -a "%a" -t "%t" -l "%g" -d "%y" -N "%n" -G "%m" %s -o %d
Again, since EAC 1.0 beta 2 it gives :
-q 6 -a "%albumartist%" -t "%title%" -l "%albumtitle%" -d "%year%" -N "%tracknr%" -G "%genre%" %source% -o %dest%
- Note: If you wanted to change the quality setting the green portion is what you would substitute with the new setting e.g. -q 10 or -q 2. For more information, see this page.
- Do not worry what bit rate is shown in the bit rate drop down box, this will be ignored.