Ape Tags Flags
From Hydrogenaudio Knowledgebase
APE Tag Flags Version 2.0
Contains attribute of the tag (bit 31...) and of a item (bit 0...)
Member of APE Tags Header, Footer or Tag item
Note: APE Tags 1.0 do not use any of the APE Tag flags. All are set to zero on creation and ignored on reading.
|Bit 31|| 0: Tag contains no header
1: Tag contains a header
|Bit 30|| 0: Tag contains a footer
1: Tag contains no footer
|Bit 29|| 0: This is the footer, not the header
1: This is the header, not the footer
|Bit 28...3||Undefined, must be zero|
0: Item contains text information coded in UTF-8
|Bit 0|| 0: Tag or Item is Read/Write
1: Tag or Item is Read Only
* Binary information: Information which should not be edited by a text editor, because
- Information is not a text.
- Contains control characters
- Contains internal restrictions which can't be handled by a normal text editor
- Can't be easily interpreted by humans.
** Allowed formats:
Note: Locators are also UTF-8 encoded. This can especially occur when filenames are encoded.