WMP Tag Support Extender
It supports version 9.x, 10.x and 11.0 of Windows Media Player.
Supported Tag Format
Additional tagging formats may be supported through a plug-in API (known as WMPTSE API)
- FLAC Free Lossless Audio Codec(*.flac)
- APE Monkey's Audio (*.ape)
- MPC MusePack (*.mpc)
- WavPack (*.wv)
- OptimFROG (*.ofr)
- Ogg Vorbis Ogg files (*.ogg) - READ-ONLY
- AAC Advanced Audio Coding (*.aac) - READ-ONLY
- M4A,MP4 MPEG4 Audio (*.m4a) - READ-ONLY
WMPTSE provide options to add tagging based on file extension.
It allows tagging in files who usually don't support it, such as exotic (but useful) tagging of AC3, DTS and LPCM files, or less useful like .txt, JPEG file tagging and more.
Tag support is pluggable. Each "tag support dll" responding to the WMPTSE API.
Guide & Howtos
The sofware is free.