Hi. I used to be an electrical engineer, focusing on solid state crap, but now I'm in the movie business. I focus on a lot of aspects, but I ironically stay away from sound (I just give that stuff to friends). I do have knowledge from signal processing courses and the field, but I just don't enjoy it as much as video.
Apart from a maintaining a personal wiki, I contribute to the Unofficial Konfabulator (yahoo! widget engine) wiki.
I'm fairly new to Foobar2000. I like to keep things simple.
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/2756/myfb2k3ek.th.jpg Low Compression
That's based on the Navigator fcs for Columns UI. some changes I've made are:
- updating the general layout
- uses official playback component
- condensed play count/time column
- dimmed zero-padding
- entries with missing metadata are hilighted
- masstagger rating scripts Ctrl+1 through Ctrl+5
- mm keys mapped, except mm(stop) -> activate/hide
- pause = activate pretty pop(fast)
- CTRL+` = open folder
ColumnsUI based on Navigator. Switched from an old Azreal. Unfortunately I keep modifying it, so upgrading will be difficult. My current IDE (HTML-Kit) oddly doesn't support unicode. So I'll probably find another and use syntax hilighting.
I maintain two foobar2000 setups. one stable and the other *gasp* unstable.
- toggle buttons in toolbar could indicate state (Follow Cursor, Follow Playback, Stop after Current, etc.)
- One-click RePlay Gain
- Less obtrusive warning window
- infinite loop detection/termination
- ability to count the number of selected items
- 2006-05-15 20h57 norz: you can see that in the properties box, or you could write a lua script (with foo_lua) that would output the number in the console, when invoked (eg: via a keyboard shortcut), but I guess, you'd like to see it in the status bar next to the total playing time... don't know how to do that, sorry.
- yeah... in the status bar, right next to selected total time is what i'm thinking - Reglib 04:41, 16 May 2006 (CDT)
- 0.9beta style "playback follows cursor" for when nothing is selected. Here's the situation, I have an autoplaylist that contains only unrated songs and playback mode to random. If playback follows cursor is enabled, after i rate a song, foobar *thinks* the Nth track is still selected, and plays it next.
- WinAMP style media library search [update] foo_uie_quicksearch is good stuff!
- one-click genre assigner (it's possible now, i'm just too busy to do it). should maintain a list of recent and popular genres, and display in dynamically generated cloud.