From Hydrogenaudio Knowledgebase
Revision as of 19:53, 25 March 2005 by Jan
An ISC - International Steering Committee - formed by the IFPI, RIAA, RIAJ and the major recording studios created a set of recommendations of what features the next generation music distribution media should provide:
- Copy protection system
- Copyright identification (uses the ISRC)
- Anti-Piracy measures
- Compatible with CD format <- DVD-Audio doesn't follow that recommendation
- Discs to carry audio, video and data.
- Conditional Access to additional content on the discs.
- Six audio channels of the highest possible sound quality.
- Accessibility & disc functions better than CD players.
- Packaging must not involve a disc caddy.
- Disc durability should be greater than CDs
- Slide show during audio playback.
- One-sided 12-cm disc is favoured.
- Minimum playing time at maximum quality 74 minutes