Foobar2000 is a freeware audio player, and more. It can not only play, it can also make a library, transcode files, rip CDs, ... the list goes on and on. A very powerful tool.
Check it out to explore its full power.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player
- Full Unicode support
- ReplayGain support
- Low memory footprint, efficient handling of really large playlists
- Advanced file info processing capabilities (generic file info box and masstagger)
- Highly customizable playlist display
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts
- Gapless playback
- Multiple playlists
- Music library
- Streaming Support
Supported Audio Formats
Native Support ("out-of-the-box"):
- MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, Musepack, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC / Ogg FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, AU, SND, CDDA, WMA.
Supported through plug-ins:
- TTA, Monkey's Audio, ALAC, Mod, SPC, TFMX, Shorten, OptimFROG, LPAC, AC3, PSF, NSF, XID, XA, Matroska, etc.
In addition, foobar2000 can also play music directly from compressed RAR, ZIP archives without requiring the user to extract the files prior to playing.
Foobar2000 has been coded exclusively for the Windows platform with an English interface. The author does not intend to provide alternate language versions nor alternate platform versions. However, several people have had success running foobar2000 on x86 Linux systems by using Wine, although the Columns UI plugin is known to be problematic.
- foobar2000 0.9.x Components
- foobar2000 Directories
- foobar2000 FAQ
- foobar2000 Encouraged Tag Standards
- foobar2000 Tips & Tricks
- Preferences Dialog
- Introduction to titleformat scripts
- Titleformat Reference - Quick-Reference for fields and functions
- Commandline Usage
- Increasing Performance - Tips
The following articles contain outdated information that does not apply to Foobar2000 v0.9:
- Bachi-Bouzouk's guide Complete manual about foobar2000 (version 0.9.X), Replaygain, the masstagger (with a tutorial) and common plugins.Two rather extensive FAQ for UI columns and overall use. Step by step guide to help new users.
- Frank Bicking's German-language guide
- Howard Rogers' Beginners' Configuration Guide
- SH/SC New user guide
- TechSpot's "complete guide to Foobar2000"
- Bachi-Bouzouk's guide
- Bachi-Bouzouk's Scripting Tutorial Color schemes detailed. Main functions explained, basic and complex code for your columns. Several .fcs explained, detailed FAQ.
- Brother John's Foobar2000 Scripting Tutorial
- Official foobar2000 forum
- Russian-language forum
- Polish-language forum
- German Support Forum
- Portuguese forum