Foobar2000:Default User Interface:List of UI Elements
This page lists available UI Elements for use with foobar2000's Default User Interface.
Bundled UI Elements
The following UI elements are bundled with official installer and they are always available unless noted.
- Splitter (left/right or top/bottom)
A simple container which divides its area to two panes horizontally or vertically. The child elements can be resized by dragging the border between them. Moreover, size of each side can be locked, so that it will stay the same when the whole window is resized - this feature is available in splitter's popup menu.
This container uses the well-established concept of a tabbed document. It can have any number of pages, each page containing another child element(s). The popup menu have commands to add, remove, rename and reorder the individual tabs.
- Playlist Tabs
A tabbed container automatically populated with tabs corresponding to available playlists. Note that the child area is the same regardless of the active tab (playlist). Commonly used to host a "Playlist view" element.
- Toolbar Header
Shows a toolbar which can be filled with various buttons and controls, configurable in its popup menu. Additional options include whether to be shown at the top or bottom of assigned area, or if the toolbar should be locked to avoid rearranging the items. It can contain only one static child element.
Media Library Viewers
- Album List (available if selected during installation)
UI element version of the Album List viewer, as available in the "Main menu > Library > Album List".
- Media Library Search
UI element version of the Media Library search, as available in the "Main menu > Library > Search".
- Peak Meter
- VU Meter
Various visualisations providing some graphical feedback. Most of them have their additional style, color or quality settings available in their popup menu.
- Playlist View
Shows items of currently active playlist. Note that any number of "Playlist View" elements will all show the same content. Format of displayed columns and item grouping can be customized.
- Album Art Viewer
Shows album (cover) art image for the selected or currently playing track. Looks both for embedded images in the file itself and in its folder.
- Selection Properties
An element capable of displaying various information about the selected track(s). Popup menu allows customization of what kind of information to show.
UI element version of the Console window, as available in the "Main menu > View > Console".
UI element version of the Equalizer window, as available in the "Main menu > View > Equalizer".
- Playlist Manager
UI element version of the Playlist Manager window, as available in the "Main menu > View > Playlist Manager".
Third-party UI Elements
The components providing these UI elements must be installed separately before use. See their respective article for more information.
- Facets (foo_facets) – Flexible media library viewer based on linked lists.
- Infospect (foo_infospect) – Displays low level playback information.
- Playlist Organizer (foo_plorg) – Advanced playlist manager to organize playlists in a treeview.
- Podcatcher (foo_podcatcher) – A component for subscribing to, downloading, and playing RSS and Atom podcast feeds in foobar2000.
- Queue Contents Editor (foo_queuecontents) – Enables the user to edit and view playback queue contents.
- Quicksearch UI Element (foo_quicksearch) – Basic search toolbar that will send results of the search to a playlist of your choice.
- Screen Saver Host (foo_vis_screensaver) – Displays a screen saver inside foobar2000 main window.
- Shpeck (foo_vis_shpeck) – Allows running Winamp visualisations embedded into the player's window.
- Text Display (foo_textdisplay) – Displays information about the playing or selected track.
- UPnP/DLNA Renderer, Server, Control Point (foo_upnp) – Browser and controller elements for working with UPnP/DLNA devices.
- Waveform Seekbar (foo_wave_seekbar) – Provides seekbar functionality on top of a pretty image of a waveform of the currently playing song.