foobar2000:Components/Waveform Minibar (mod) (foo_wave_minibar_mod)
|Waveform Minibar (mod)|
Screenshot of Waveform Minibar in use.
|Developer(s)||Janne Hyvärinen (Case)|
|Initial release||December 7, 2017|
|Stable release||1.0.19 (August 24, 2018)|
|Minimum version||1.4 / 1.3|
|UI module(s)||Default UI, Columns UI|
|License||Modified ISC license|
|Discussion thread||Discussion thread|
Waveform Minibar (mod) is a seekbar that shows the waveform of the track. It is heavily based on the Waveform Seekbar component.
Scanned waveforms for tracks in the media library are stored in "minibar.db" inside the foobar2000 profile directory. Waveforms for tracks outside the media library are only cached temporarily in memory.
Versions for both foobar2000 1.4 and 1.3 are currently available.
In a standard installation, the "minibar.db" database file can be found in the user's "AppData\Roaming" folder:
For portable installations, the file is located in the same folder as "foobar2000.exe".
Whereas the "Waveform Seekbar" component can be modified via a context-menu, the Waveform Minibar can only be modified through foobar2000's Preferences.
- Match pattern
- Used for track identification. The default string uses the same waveform for all encodes of a track, therefore avoiding duplication in the waveform database.
- Default pattern:
- Use custom colors
- Allows the user to manually select which colors the waveform uses. The waveform uses the colors set for the active UI module if this is disabled. The button takes the current UI's colors and uses them as a template to populate the "Played" and "Unplayed" columns.
- Set the frame rate of the panel between 5 and 60 FPS, in increments of 5.
- Waveform scale
- Can be set to either "Original" or "Normalize".
- dB scale
- Use decibels for the waveform scale.
- One mouse wheel notch seeks ahead/back
- Sets the behaviour for when the cursor is hovering over the UI element, either in seconds or a percentage of the track length. Both options can only be set between 5 and 60, in increments of 5.
- Switches the direction the mouse wheel needs to turn for seeking ahead/back.
- Track to prefer when showing waveform
- Sets the UI element's display behaviour using one of the following three options:
- Playing track
- Selected track
- Playing, selected when stopped
- Do not revert to rendering the active track on player start
- This option is only available when the above options is set to "Playing track". Enabling this option leaves the UI element blank when first opening foobar2000.
- Always show cursor
- Display the waveform cursor, even when stopped.
- Draw window border
- Draw a border around the UI element.
- Official website
- on foobar2000.org
- hydrogenaudio on