Difference between revisions of "Foobar2000:Components/UPnP/DLNA Renderer, Server, Control Point (foo upnp)"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 21:17, 27 April 2010
This component integrates extensive features to inter-operate with other UPnP/DLNA devices: smartphones, game consoles, A/V hardware, audio players. The main functionality of the plugin is to serve audio content to those devices in a format they can play, and for a category of devices, to remote control them.
UPnP AV Media Server
- Expose the foobar2000 Media Library, playlists and "what is currently playing"
- Stream almost any audio format playable by foobar2000. That includes formats generally not supported by most standalone Media Servers, such as formats with CUE files, game music formats, audio files in archives, cd-audio, DTS, HDCD, ...
- Stream album art
- Powerful per device streaming options, to adapt audio format to the capabilities of the remote playing device. conversion to WAV or LPCM, transcoding to mp3, resampling, replaygain, bitdepth conversion, conversion to stereo, DSP chain,...
- Customizable browse tree
- Accessible from the Internet (only from foobar2000 or an iPhone/iTouch with PlugPlayer).
- Works well when accessed from Windows Media Player (tested with WMP12)
Media Server Browser (UPnP Browser)
- Browse remote Media Servers for local playback or remote playback to an UPnP Renderer on the network
- Browse and play music via the Internet from another foo_upnp Media Server, with optional transcoding to mp3 to save bandwidth
- Retrieve album art
Control Point (UPnP Controller)
- Control playback of UPnP Av Media Renderers (similar to Windows7 "Play to" feature)
- Integration with the Media Server to serve locally managed audio
- Specific support Linn DS product range: handle Playlist sources for on-device playlist management, as well as other analog sources for volume control only
UPnP AV Renderer
- Allow foobar2000 playback to be controllable by UPnP Control Points
Some use cases:
- Use the server to stream audio to a PS3, XBOX360 (using their interface), iPhone (PlugPlayer)
- Push audio from either your local foobar2000 Media Library or another UPnP Media Server to WMP12, an iPhone (PlugPlayer) or another foobar2000 instance on the network.
- Control foobar2000 playback from an iPhone, WMP12, or any other Control Point.
- Browse and play your Media Library and playlists remotely with an Internet connection
- Control a Linn Ds product including making playlists, switching sources, etc.