From Hydrogenaudio Knowledgebase
This page contains information specific to the new Converter included with foobar2000 versions 1.1 and newer.
The Converter component is included with foobar2000 installers. It allows you to convert your audio files to other file formats.
Note that the Converter component is required for ripping CDs with foobar2000.
Supported file formats
Source file formats
The converter supports any formats playable by your foobar2000 configuration, natively or through optional input components.
Output file formats
- WAV - natively
- Wave64 - natively
- AIFF - natively
- AU/SND - natively
- FLAC - command-line encoder executable (FLAC.exe) required
- MP3 - using LAME - command-line encoder executable (LAME.exe) required
- AAC/MP4 - using Nero AAC encoder - command-line encoder executable (neroAacEnc.exe) required
- Ogg Vorbis - command-line encoder executable (OggEnc.exe) required
- WavPack - command-line encoder executable (wavpack.exe) required
- Musepack - command-line encoder executable (mpcenc.exe) required
Converter Setup dialog
The Converter Setup dialog consists of:
- An overview page summarizing current settings and allowing you to easily manage presets.
- Sub-pages that deal with specific aspects of conversion:
- Output file format selection
- Conversion destination - target folder, file splitting and file name formatting
- Processing - ReplayGain and DSP
- Other - optional preview generation, actions to perform after the conversion.
You can navigate between the overview page and the most recently viewed subpage using browse forward/back buttons on your mouse.
You can also navigate through all the subpages with ctrl+tab / shift+ctrl+tab.